Upload Flight Data from the Litchi App on an Android Device
To begin uploading your flight data, first make sure you are logged in to your Survae account at http://world.survae.com.
1. Connect the Android device you used for your flights to your computer with a USB cable.
Note: If you wish to connect an Android device to an Apple computer, you will need to go to https://www.android.com/filetransfer/ and install their file transfer utility. Once you install the utility to your computer, you can connect your phone to the computer using a USB cable. Your phone will then appear as a drive on your computer.
2. The device will appear as an external drive on your computer.
3. Using the browser on your computer, navigate to your account at http://world.survae.com.
4. Near the top of the browser window, to the right of the Survae logo, you’ll see a blue up-arrow.
5. Click on the blue up-arrow. A pop-up window will open. Navigate within the pop-up window to the external drive (i.e. your Android device).
6. On the external drive you will see all of your app folders.
7. Click on the Litchi app folder and then flightlogs. Within this folder, you will see a list of all flights with date and time as csv files, for example: 2017-07-29_13-46-49_v2.csv.
8. Select the appropriate files from your flight and click “Open” to begin the upload process.
DO NOT LEAVE THE PAGE while the file is uploading. Leaving the page will interrupt the upload process. You can open another tab or window in your browser or do other work on your computer, but be sure to leave the browser window open to the page when any files are uploading in Survae.
Data files should upload very quickly as they are small files. After the data file has finished uploading, it will process.After processing, one or more video data files will be generated from the flight data. Survae will then look for a matching video and video data file.If you previously uploaded the video that goes with the data, a match will be made. The new video will now contain a description and a path will be displayed on the map.The video upload process is complete. If you upload your data prior to the video, the match will occur once the corresponding video file is uploaded.
Once a match is made, your video will have a temporary title associated with the location in which it was recorded. You can change this title at any time by going into the Edit function for the video.